The Hoek to the Valley of the Monkeys via Mermaid Rock and along the Secret Smugglers Path
Will be SATURDAY 13th August. Weather permitting.
- Ideal for under 7’s, older children welcome.
- 2 km route with lots of stops. Easy walking, babies in slings, toddlers in back packs welcome.
- Those not keen to hike but meet half way settle in at Monkey Valley for a coffee and we will see you there about 10ish.
- 2 Hours in total.
- If weather bad (i.e. slightly dodgy wind or rain) then meet at Cafe Roux for breakfast!
When: Saturday 13th August. Noordhoek Car Park 9am. Late comers catch us up we will head to the right hand corner of the beach.
What to Bring: All optional!
- Pirate or Peter Pan fancy dress (optional) or Beach clothes (boring). Spare warm cloths (can’t rule out getting wet!).
- Kids Ruck Sack with hiking snacks and whatever you feel is important for an adventure of this magnitude.
- Small Treasure digging spade, handy.
- At least one parent and money for a coffee to keep them happy.
- A large imagination.
Supplied: Captain Nord Hoek’s Treasure Map.
Down pirate board walk, up sliding dunes, over sinking sand, through croc infested lagoon, snack time at Mermaid Rock (teddies welcome), Shark wrestling at Captain Hoeks corner, treasure hunting up smugglers way, play time at Valley of the Moneys, elf and fairy spotting in the enchanted milk wood forest back to Surfers car park by 11am.
Ingram – 0725 176 682
Grant – 0825539457